Please plan to stop in at one of the following three important meetings:
- August 6th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Columbia Farmers Market
- August 10th from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Activities Recreation Center (ARC)
- August 13th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Columbia Farmers Market
We need your help! Please help provide feedback and direction to some exciting developments on our planned collaboration with the Columbia Parks and Recreation Department, Columbia Farmers Market, and Sustainable Farms & Communities.
At this meeting you’ll see:
- Proposed site plans ideas for a large Urban Farm with demonstration gardens, outdoor classrooms, production area, and more.
- Proposed site plan ideas for an expanded Farmers Market Building/multi-purpose community building.
- Phased timeline for the build out of the proposed project.
What we need from you:
- Feedback on what you like best about the options presented.
- Your help in showing the Columbia Parks & Recreation Department that there is broad community interest and support in urban agriculture, the farmers market, and all the robust community development that the two foster.
Online feedback forms will be created inthe lead-up to these meetings. Please follow CCUA on Facebook and check back to The Beet again soon to check for updates.
For more information about this project or anything CCUA related, please contact Adam Saunders; Adam@ColumbiaUrbanAg.org or 573-356- 9392.